Section 21 of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (RPwD) Act, 2016 is as under:
(1) Every establishment shall notify equal opportunity policy detailing measures proposed to be taken by it in pursuance of the provisions of this Chapter in the manner as may be prescribed by the Central Government.
(2) Every establishment shall register a copy of the said policy with the Chief Commissioner or the State Commissioner, as the case may be.
Rule 8 of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (RPwD) Rules, 2017 further provides manner
of publication of Equal Opportunity Policy, which are as under:-
(1) Every establishment shall publish equal opportunity policy for persons with disabilities.
(2) The establishment shall display the equal opportunity policy preferably on their website, failing which, at conspicuous places in their premises.
(3) The equal opportunity policy of a private establishment having twenty or more employees and the Government establishments shall inter alia, contain the following, namely:-
- facility and amenity to be provided to the persons with disabilities to enable them to effectively discharge their duties in the establishment;
- list of posts identified suitable for persons with disabilities in the establishment;
- the manner of selection of persons with disabilities for various posts,
- post-recruitment and pre-promotion training,
- preference in transfer and posting,
- special leave, preference in allotment of residential accommodation if any, and other facilities;
- provisions for assistive devices, barrier-free accessibility and other provisions for persons with disabilities;
- appointment of liaison officer by the establishment to look after the recruitment of persons with disabilities